The biennial Wind Wildlife Research Meeting provides an internationally recognized forum for researchers and stakeholders to share and engage on the latest science focused on better understanding the risk of wind energy to wildlife and developing solutions to avoid, minimize, and offset impacts. The meeting also brings together thought leaders to discuss priority topics and themes in the wind-wildlife arena. Academics, researchers, conservation scientists, consultants, federal and state officials, NGO representatives, industry professionals come together every other year for this unique opportunity.
The theme of the 14th Wind Wildlife Research Meeting is Winds of Change: Charting a Path Forward for Wind Energy That Facilitates Conservation
The 14th WWRM will be a hybrid conference, with virtual On-Demand presentations, poster sessions and Live Sessions held in person.
- On-Demand & Posters: REWI received nearly 70 abstracts through a Call for Abstracts released earlier this year. Those who submitted abstracts were able to choose if they wanted to present their research in an On-Demand presentation or panel, an in-person poster, or both. On-Demand presentations and panels will be available to registrants to view in early November with asynchronous Q&A, and posters will be available for viewing at the in-person meeting and presenters will be in attendance to answer questions.
- Live Sessions: Live Sessions will be a mix of discussion-based panels and symposium-style research panels on topics of interest, relevant questions for the wind-wildlife community to address, and gaps needed to address questions and improve decision-making proposed by a Planning Committee. Live Sessions will be streamed and each panel will be followed by a live Q&A with the panelists.
- June 13, 2022: Call for Abstracts due
- August-September 2022: Submitters notified of abstract selection or rejection
- September: Schedule-at-a-glance is released & Registration for 14th WWRM opens
- October 7: Early-Bird Registration Ends
- October 21: Discounted Conference Hotel Rates Ends
- November: On-Demand Presentations released
- November 15-17: Live Sessions
Virtual and In-Person Exhibit Space Still Open