The Renewable Energy Wildlife Research Fund is an industry-led initiative that advances scientific research on solutions to mitigate solar and wind-wildlife impacts as accelerating renewable energy meets clean energy demand.
The Fund supports independent, peer-reviewed research to:
- Implement new, cutting-edge projects and high-impact results
- Apply science-based solutions to address top priority solar and wind-wildlife challenges
- Leverage investment and reduce costs for expanding responsibly sited and operated solar and wind energy
Renewable Energy Wildlife Research Fund Projects:
- Enhancing Understanding of Bat and Bird Activities and Fatality Risk
- Refining Smart Curtailment Practices for Bats
- Refining Eagle Fatality Estimates and Informed Curtailment
- Evaluating Habitat-Based Impacts for Grouse
Fund research project results on wind energy and grouse and bats are now available.
The Fund is developing and launching a solar research program in 2022. Details are coming soon!
Research Fund Partners & Friends
Partners and Friends commitment to supporting wildlife conservation and responsible renewable energy development through sound science and collaboration.