February 9, 2023, 4:00 – 5:00 PM ET
Technologies that monitor and minimize wildlife impacts and take at wind energy facilities face uncertain paths to acceptance. The meaning of acceptance can differ depending on the stakeholder, and it is important to use a common language across industry, regulatory agencies, and researchers. This webinar synthesizes the discussions that occurred at the Technology Acceptance Workshop, hosted by the Renewable Energy Wildlife Institute and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory in the Spring of 2022. Lessons learned, outcomes from those discussions, and paths forward for wind energy and wildlife technologies will be explored.
- Cris Hein, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (Moderator)
- Ben Cowan, Locke Lord LLP
- Amanda Hale, Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc.
- Amber Schorg, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Misti Sporer, Duke Energy Sustainable Solutions