Thursday, January 16, 2020
This webinar was hosted by the National Wind Coordinating Collaborative (NWCC).
The NWCC hosted a webinar on new and upcoming research supported by the U.S. Department of Energy on systems and technologies for monitoring wildlife, including birds, bats, and North Atlantic right whales, at offshore wind energy facilities:
- Coastal Acoustic Buoy for Offshore Wind (CABOW)
- Presenter: Jason Wood, SMRU Consulting
- Advanced Collision Detection and Site Monitoring For Avian and Bat Species for Offshore Wind Energy
- Presenter: Matthew Johnston, Oregon State University
- A Multi-Sensor Approach for Measuring Bird and Bat Collisions with Offshore Wind Turbines
- Presenter: Rhett Good, Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc.
- Presenter: Shari Matzner, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory